Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Going Nowhere Fast

By Katherine Lacano

Do you ever feel like you're running to no direction? Do you ever feel like you've lost your First Love? My friend, God is ready to redeem and restore your joy in Him. He will never give up on you (John 10:28). Hang in there...

I was running a hundred miles per hour 
It felt good for a moment
Faking my cause
Taking pleasure for here and now
Then there's a whisper in my ear                                 
I took it easy
Oh it's just nothing, I uttered
Lingering for here and now
Then there's the sound of an outcry
But alone I was in the streets
I was not moved 
Drifting for here and now                                                              














Then there's a loud shout
It was crystal clear
I found myself in the road of Damascus
Mourning over my halfheartedness
So it's been You all along
It was You speaking softly to me to take heed of myself
It was You crying to me to fervently keep myself
Lest I fail to remember the things I have seen
I was on my knees again
Searching for answers
Talking to my heart
Listening to the voice of truth

Originally written on January 2, 2009
Revised on May 28, 2012

Photo credits to Google Images

Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

What's Hot